Diary Of A Hollywood Refugee

Friday, April 07, 2006

Marines Don't Fuck Around

We at war
We at war with racism, terroism and most of all we at war with ourselves
(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the Devil try to break me down
(Jesus Walks with me with me with me with me)

I saw this combat video over at "You Tube" earlier tonight.

Titled "Iraq 1" it's brought to us by Doc Matey and The India Company Marines of the 3/6 who deployed during OIF 3.


I LOVE it.

With it's blend of combat imagery juxtapositioned against the evocative lyrics and haunting melody of "Jesus Walks" , this video leaves a powerful impact.


(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the Devil try to break me down
(Jesus Walks with me)
The only thing that I pray is that my feet don't fail me now
(Jesus Walks)
And I don't think there’s nothing I can do to right my wrongs
(Jesus Walks with me)
I wanna talk to God but I'm afraid cause we ain't spoke in so long


"Jesus Walks" is by Kanye West, and was used in the promo for the film "Jarhead", but trust me, "Iraq 1" is a helluva lot better than "Jarhead" ever was.

OOORAAH !