Diary Of A Hollywood Refugee

Monday, February 25, 2008

Boots On The Ground: Teflon Don

The situation in Iraq is far too complex to be represented by one voice.
Sound byte journalism serves an agenda....not the truth.

"Teflon Don"
served in Iraq:

I learned some things the last time I was in Iraq- I learned of courage, and brotherhood. I learned that there is no glory in war- there are few heroes, and many decent, ordinary men too stubborn to realize that their actions are irrational, dangerous, and, well… heroic. I learned of emotional agony and of empathy; I also learned how to be callous. I learned how to tell someone with your eyes that you would kill him if he didn’t cave. I lost some timidity, and gained self-respect. The war did not make me a man- rather; I learned through the war some essential elements of manhood.

Now's he's back again, not as a soldier, but as a citizen journalist embedding with troops.
It's great to read his boots on the ground coverage about the reality in Iraq.

The situation in Iraq is far too complex to be represented by one voice through sound byte journalism which only serves an agenda, not the truth.

As a soldier he served his country in Iraq, and as a citizen journalist he is once again serving his country in Iraq.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home