Diary Of A Hollywood Refugee

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Make A Wish

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give"
- Winston Churchill


I volunteer as a Wish Granter for The Make A Wish Foundation. Its very rewarding. Today I went to see a "wishkid" whose wish should be granted very soon. He is adorable, with a smile that melted my heart. In spite of all the pain he was in, and the terminal illness that he deals with daily, he is upbeat, and very clear about what he likes and doesnt like. What certainity at such as young age! He loves arts and crafts and was busy exploring his inner artiste. Such an adorable kid. I cannot wait to see the look on his faces when his wish comes true. I m getting teary eyed thinking of it now.

There are no words to describe the joy and love that fills my heart being able to make these kids wishes come true!

If you ever get a chance to become involved with "Make A Wish"...DO IT!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home