Diary Of A Hollywood Refugee

Friday, July 29, 2005

Yet Again!

The past 24 hours have served to remind me yet again of why I not only distrust but intensely distain the media. The story either fits their agenda or its twisted to do so.

Based on my experience during the past 48 hours, it's become clear that in covering the story about George Smith's mysterious disappearance during his honeymoon while on a Mediterrean cruise, the msm and cable news media's appetite, desire, and need for sensationalism, lies, innuendos, rumours, and speculative theories based on twisted facts, is far more important than integrity and truth.

I wonder what price selling out goes for these days!

Related:
Cruising The Med: Murder Mystery Mayhem
Cruising The Med: Setting The Record Straight
Cruising The Med: The Final Word
Desperate Lies
Cruising The Med: Honeymoon Murder Mystery

2 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, July 30, 2005, Blogger DangerGirl said…

    Yes Search...I feel the media isn't interested in facts that don't fit their sensationalist agenda....I mean why the disconnect between what I blogged weeks ago...and the shit spewing forth from so called "experts", i.e.former prosecuters, former police offices, etc etc, and the show's host.

    I say the FBI boarded the ship and questioned the guys, and others...and yet the media pundits keep saying" why weren't the guys questioned??"

    Its that kind of stuff that drives me crazy and lends credence to the reality that the media wants to sensationalize this story, and not acknowledge facts that don't fit into their agenda.


    Useful insights? Hmmm...I don't think I offered up anything different from what I blogged about in my three posts.

    I did appear on ABC briefly...and don't get me started on that....

    I'll be doing another phone in (albeit with much trepidation) tonite on Fox News Network at about 9:30pm EST.

    Let's hope this endeavor works out better.

     
  • At 11:58 AM, July 31, 2005, Blogger Barb said…

    The sad thing is that all of the folks who watch the MSM tripe will think they're getting reasonable coverage. They don't 'Know what they don't know', so they can be led/fooled.

    In one way, it's a bummer that you are caught in the silliness. But I'm glad we have your reality to compare their stories with.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home