Diary Of A Hollywood Refugee

Sunday, February 05, 2006

My Life As A" Biz Babe"

Many people have emailed me asking me to share stories of my insider life in Hollywood, political differences aside.

In the past, I've shared some war stories of a darker nature, albeit this story isn't about me, it's a challenge I encountered almost daily, Friends, Creative Conversations, and Hollywood, and I've writtten about some of my personal experiences, I am A Hollywood Refugee. and "We're Just Friends". I've shared what insiders have known for a long time, that this is a Risky Business, and introduced you to a kindred soul, Robert Averch, A Hollywood Republican.

My job included making sure I met and knew everyone worth knowing, hanging out on sets, attending film festivals, and came with an expense account which I needed to use or it would imply I simply wasn't doing my job well, so I could be found eating breakfast at The Four Seasons where studio heads, directors of development, and assorted celebs indulged in dealmaking over Cottage Cheese Lemon Pancakes, and juice smoothies, took clients, development execs, producers, directors, publicists, managers, casting directors, for lunch or dinner at the the latest" see and be seen" restaurant du jour; walked down the red carpet to attend film premieres, and every freaking award show imaginable, and of course, attending two important film festivals, Sundance and The Toronto Film Festival with Celebrities, Suits & Gawkers, Oh My!

I promised many who emailed me that I'd share more personal stories, this year. I 've already talked about two of my favorite red carpet award show events, The Golden Globes, and The Spirit Awards. The Spirit Awards are held the weekend leading into the Oscars, and the Golden Globes are always held in January.

But January is also when one of my favorite schmoozefests occurs - The Sundance Film Festival.

More about that in my next post, Sundance, Slamdance and Swagdance, but do you remember when I blogged about this hourlong infomercial - Commander in Chief.

Well....despite Geena Davis Golden Globe win.....the show's numbers were comparatively dismal and ABC has YANKED the show, replacing it for the next six weeks, with "Sons and Daughters".
(thats Hollywoodese for the show ain't coming back!!)

Now we can only hope the plug will be pulled on Hilary's not so covert 2008 run for the White House!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 7:08 PM, February 07, 2006, Blogger Barb said…

    Actually - I watch the West Wing, and I am far from liberal. It is generally well written and acted, and sometimes is even able to poke fun at the lib side of the house. It's called fiction, and enjoyable as such.

    Never having watched Commander In Chief, I can't speak to it. However, it occurs to me that we will see this as a recurring theme - women in power, that is. Could be interesting.

    Of course, the failure of CIC after one season is no more meaningful politically than the success of West Wing after 6 seasons.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home